You've often relied on them in other Tom Clancy games, but for the first time you get to play as an advanced fighter pilot in the most exciting combat flight sim of this generation. Taking the role of a U.S. pilot the game's plot contains elements from both Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 and EndWar as you end up defending the United States from corporate mercenaries.
Release Date: 3rd September 2009
Available on: Xbox 360, PS3, Windows, PC, PC Download
Play the Game
Although it features plenty of realistically modelled aircraft and other military vehicles this is an accessible, fast paced arcade action game - not a stuffy simulator. You'll engage dozen of bogeys at a time and never have to worry about running out of missiles, let alone targets.
The unique Enhanced Reality System (ERS) allows you to customise the difficultly level however you want, with a set of pilot assists that let you give control of things like radar, damage control and anti-stall measures to the computer. Or you can simply take control of everything yourself and prove yourself the real top gun.
- Xrossover: The first flight sim to be set in the Tom Clancy universe, where you actually provide fire support for one of the missions from Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2.
- Autopilot: Enhanced Reality System handles everything from damage control and incoming missiles to crash prevention and squad commands, so you can get on with the piloting.
- Wingman: Four player co-operative mode lets you create your own virtual squadron of friendly pilots as you collaborate and compete online.
- World tour: Stunning graphics simulate over 12,000 square kilometres of realistically modelled land - from Chicago and New England in the U.S., to Rio, Chile and the Middle East.
- Plane choice: Over 60 licensed aircraft from the F-22 Raptor and Eurofighter to Russian fighters and experimental prototypes - all with fully customisable weapon payloads.
- About the Developer: Ubisoft Romania
- Based in Bucharest, this was the first Ubisoft studio to be established outside of France. It specialises in simulations such as submarine series Silent Hunter and flight sims Blazing Angels and Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. The company also distributes other publisher's products within Romania.
Play the Game
Tom Clancys HAWX is developed by Ubisoft.